Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hashtags #ikindofhatethem

I am a product of the technology generation. I am not going to sit here and pretend I'm not- that I really do belong in the world of Joan Cleaver and her pies, and aprons, and pearls (though pearls are hot in Europe right now, whatever that means haha). However, I am NOT a technology savvy lady. Nope, not at all, not me.

I have a confession to make. Though I am part of the millennial generation... I HATE "hashtags." Yeah, I didn't know what they were either , until I kept seeing them crop up. People saying "just saw the funniest car trying to race a horse #dyingoflaughter". Then, my younger sister told me they were called "hashtags". Is that something you eat?! Like a hashbrown only more gritty? I guess it's a twitter thing.
Btdubs, I am not an I-hate-technology-person. I'm down with the world wide web.
Just not getting the hashtags.
Thoughts on technology? #doyoulikehashtags?

P.S. Watch this video...combines lady gaga and technology. What could be better?! I know not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nroUJEplPnY


3 comments:

  1. i also hate the hashtag. just say what you're going to say, and let that be that! i simply don't understand. great insight, kara. i'd choose the hashbrown any day.

    www.casbaldwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not understand hashtags for a looooong time. now i honestly think they are funny! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit: #iamahashtagjunkie

    don't hate me?

    ReplyDelete