Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I thought that since yesterday I was a little aprehensive about media with my hashtags rant, I would let you in on some of the media-type things I like best. Okay, so they are books, but I tried to make amends with anyone I angered yesterday who is loving Twitter. :)
Here is a short list of books that I love. I encourage you to check them out if you feel so inclined:

1. "Mud and Poetry" By: Tyler Blanski
This book is wonderful! It's a well written treatise on the things that truly matter and the grittiness of life.
I laughed, I sat in silence and thought, I shed a tear.
It was that good!

2. "Through Painted Deserts" By: Donald Miller

I have a huge place in my heart for Donald Miller's writing style! I find him incredibly easy to relate to. This story of his travels in a beat up hippie van is peppered with words of wisdom.

3. "East of Eden" By: John Steinbeck

At first I had mixed feelings about this book. But it is so nuanced and thought provoking as well as a plot that is very detailed. I haven't read it in quite some time and I picked up a copy at a yard sale. I'll have to read it again very soon!

What are some of your favorite books?!

2 comments:

  1. girlfriend, those are two of my favorite books. i love same kind of different as me, the help, the glass castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same Kind of Different as me was amazing! It was quite a tear jerker though. I'll have to check out the help and the glass castle! :)

    ReplyDelete