Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sweet Summer Time: a list

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the months of June, July, and August fly by!
Here is a list of some things that have happened this summer- the great, the mediocre, and the bad:
This is in NO way a comprehensive list or even a list of the most interesting things. Just randoms I can think of at the moment :)

1. Spent a little time with the ladies! My best college friends, Stacie, Lindsey, and Emily and I got together and hit the beach! How can one not have a good time with her besties without testes?!
Left to Right: Emily, yours truly, Stacie, Lindsey

2. Applied to be on the show "The Bachelor". "Why?!" you may ask incredulously. Well, my friends, I had LOTS of fun filling out the application. It was somewhat a joke a first- I relished and guffawed at the fact that each application had to include 5-15 pictures, including body shots (apparently they don't have any anti-discrimination laws based on weight). But then, I figured what the heck?! So I printed some snapshots, picked them up at Walgreens, and season 16 hurrrrrr I commeeeeeeee! hehe.

3. My dad died. This is not a fun one at all. After a year long battle with cancer, he went to heaven. We got to be with him when he passed. It has been so incredibly hard, and I am sure in subsequent posts, I will mention my father a lot. He hasn't lived with my mom, my sister, and I for many years, but we loved that man fiercely, despite rough times. He also had two other daughters. I am his oldest :)
Here are some pictures of the fam:
At my high school graduation!
My momma, my sister Ember, and our dad. At our college (yes! my baby sister and I ended up at the same school, which ended up being an act of God- we were there to support each other during our dad's illness) in the fall of 2010.
Me and my dad that same day.
Finally convinced him to dance at our grandparent's surprise 50th wedding anniversary party!
Me, Ember, dad that same day.
Last picture we took with the man who held us first.
July 4th, 2011.
Always in our hearts.

4. Sunburned SO bad. Twice. Peeled to the point where it looked like a leper. Not cute.

5. Got asked out 5 weeks in a row by a guy who would come into my office at work. It started as a joke and ended up somewhat real. He had the most wonderful pick-up lines though. Here is a sampling:

after asking me to look up an ID number and there was no money in his account:
Me: "there is no money in your account."
Him: "I don't wanna take money out. I wanna take you out."

holds out a plastic tiara and fairy wand
Him: "put these on please."
Me: "seriously?!"
Him: "yes"
I put them on
Him: "A tiara usually makes someone think of a princess. May I treat you like a princess this Saturday night at dinner?!"

Him: "I was eating Chinese food with my parents this weekend, and fate must have known I was going to ask you out today."
Shows me a fortune from a fortune cookie that reads:
"Your ability to pick a winner will bring you success."

This was definitely an interesting episode. Rawr.

6. My best friend from high school had a baby! I am an honorary aunt! Can't wait to see little Jaydan in person!
Danielle, Micah, and Jaydan.

7. I have changed so very much this summer! I feel like I've become somewhat less stressed. Life's too short to sweat the petty stuff! Or pet the sweaty stuff. Hence no summer flings. nuff said.

8. I don't have the stamina for an even 10, friends. I am actually a little sick today. I've been in bed.
What have been some random adventures you all have had this summer?!







2 comments:

  1. Phew. Sounds like a busy and full summer! Hope you are finding plenty of moments to rest and feel sooo loved:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    It's strange- I have had a rough time, but I have never been happier or more blessed by the wonderful people around me :)
    I checked out your blog- so cute!

    ReplyDelete