Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"The Bachelor" and plans for housewifedom

     Today it hit me with the force that the news of Justin Bieber's haircut impacted the world of preteen girls... I am not so sure I want to be a high profile career woman. I think it happened when I saw all these small babies. Strolling through the store with their parents, loving gazing out at the world. I wanna be a wife and a mother. In the words of Jay Brannen, "I wanna be a housewife, what's so wrong with that?" However, I do love work and learning new things, and I know I have a lot to learn before that day comes. So for now I'm sitting tight, listening to Train and...

    Watching the Bachelor on hulu. Maybe you watched the season finale last night or maybe you are judging me (please don't though, I love documentaries as well as reality TV) but c'mon... the proposal to Emily?! So sweet. She certainly deserved it and I hope they are happy and make it work. Trista and Ryan were at the "where are they now"-esque "after the final rose" show and they have been married for 7 years. If they can do it, so can Brad and Emily, I hope!
   On a different note, I must brush the wistful, romantic musings from my mind and do at least two other things today:
   1) Homework, my constant companion (other college kids know what I mean), it's like that friend that you don't mind sometimes and you know they have to be in your life but they come along uninvited (I don't have any friends like that at this current juncture just to be clear).
   2) Make something delicious from lemons. Why? Well, I may or may not have procured several lemons in hopes of doing the Master Cleanse cayenne pepper, maple syrup, lemon juice diet and no longer desire to try it.
This is what I hope to make.
We'll see how it goes. I guess lemon curd was traditionally make for scones. How quaint! Perhaps, my mom and I can have a tea time with scones and lemon curd later. Sounds lovely to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment